Monday 19 October 2015

Insanity for Imprint: a NaNo Challenge

Most of you know how nutty I am about NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month - writing 50,000 - or a novel, really - in 30 days). It's my favourite writing event of the year and is the reason I average two books a year. One at a leisurely pace in the summer and then a crazy one month sprint in November. However, NaNo fever gets stronger in me each and every single November and that caused my leisurely pace to become 23 days this year without the pressure of NaNo.

Am I crazy? I don't know. But one thing's for certain, it's getting too easy. 
50,000 goal reached: Day 29 (2011), Day 21 (2012), Day 22 (2013), Day 12 (2014).

Time to kick it up a notch. 
 (Note: Futurama references are always welcome.)
And how you ask? How will I make the craziest writing event even harder? Well, with a little something I'm calling Insanity for Imprint.

Imprint is the (current) title for my NaNo '15 project and as this is my fifth year of NaNo, I knew I'd have to do something great.

When I was small, I used to hate the number five for some reason. I have a feeling I'm going to hate it even more this November. I'm pledging right here, right now, to write:

5,000 WORDS A DAY


Wait, can I take it back? Whoops, too late.

My writing friend and NaNo nemesis Midnight Rogue has challenged me to a ten day NaNo and after she beat me by about 12 hours last year, I am not settling for second place again.

To sum up, NaNo - for normal people - looks like this:



Last year for me it looked like this:


And this year it's going to look like this:

To encourage me in this, quite frankly, ridiculous target, please donate to NaNoWriMo via my stay classy fundraising page, IMPRINT - NaNo'15. NaNoWriMo is a fantastic cause because stories matter. So I'm making sure the world is full of them.

Be ready, November. I'm coming to get you.

Molly - Wrimo

Want to be NaNo buddies? Me too! I'll add everyone. NaNo is more fun with friends. 



Molly Looby
Author / Editor in Chief at Molten Publishing / Freelance Editor / Writing Coach / Reviewer / Blogger / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly@moltenpublishing.co.uk

Visit me on Facebook / Twitter LinkedIn / Movellas NaNoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment